There is a famous saying in real estate that the three most important things when buying a property are “Location, location and location”. Although location is only one of the many factors involved in buying a property, the saying rings true because you can change almost anything about a property, but you can’t change its location.
With WOWA.ca, you can keep up with recent transactions in your neighbourhood and find the top agents that have helped your neighbours buy or sell their homes. With a simple click, you can also view comprehensive agent profiles that go through their real estate experience, recent deals, personality, and commission rate.
1. If you are a seller, find your current neighbourhood. If you are a buyer, find a neighbourhood where you want to buy a property. You can customize your location in the search field on the map.
2. Check recent transactions in your area to get an idea about the active real estate agents in your neighbourhood. You can click on a transaction to get more information about the property type and the agent who powered the transaction.
3. Click or tap “Check Profile” to see the agent’s comprehensive and detailed profile.
4. Go through the agent’s profile to see if they match up with your criteria. Remember to look for the three most important factors: 1. Their local real estate experience, 2. Their personality and reviews by previous clients, and 3. Their commission rates.
5. Click or tap the “Message” button to get in contact with the agent for a free, no-obligation consultation.
We recommend contacting at least three of the top real estate agents in your neighbourhood to get the best selection possible. To help you in your search process, we have prepared a list of the top agents in your area below.
Congratulations! You are on your journey to finding the right real estate agent and real estate success.
Yes, you can! With WOWA.ca, you can message as many agents as you need to for a free, no-obligation consultation. We recommend messaging at least three agents to make sure you find one that works best for your unique situation.
Yes, we show the real estate transactions of all licensed WOWA.ca real estate agents including sales representatives, brokers, and brokers of record.
Yes, WOWA.ca validates the transactions of our licensed real estate agents. We are one of the first platforms in Canada to show the transactions of real estate agents and empower home buyers and sellers with this level of authenticity and transparency.
Not necessarily. Many experienced real estate agents do not apply to become brokers. While brokers take additional courses and exams to obtain a broker’s license, the broker’s license is only required for those who want to own or manage a real estate brokerage.
Practically speaking, there is very little difference between a real estate agent and a realtor or REALTOR®. The term REALTOR® is a trademark that is often used to refer to a real estate agent and almost all practicing real estate agents are also realtors. Legally, realtors are real estate agents that are either direct members of their provincial real estate association or have registered with the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Realtors have to comply with the REALTOR® Code. All active real estate agents are licensed and have to comply with the rules and regulations of their provincial governing body.
The largest real estate brokerages and franchises in Canada are:
The brokerage alone will not tell you how much value a particular agent can bring you. Brokerages can provide a brand name, but ultimately it’s your real estate agent that will do the work to help you buy or sell a property. You can find poorly-rated agents in brokerages of some of the largest real estate franchises and you can find highly experienced agents in less well-known brokerages.
In Canada, there are over 130,000 real estate agents represented by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Ontario has the most real estate agents in Canada with more than 79,000 real estate salespersons and brokers and 38 local real estate boards in Ontario. Of those 79,000 agents, over 56,000 are part of the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TREB). B.C. is second with more than 23,000 real estate agents and 11 real estate boards.